Thursday, November 17, 2005

Teenage Alert

I sometimes check out the blog of an American woman in exile in Skellefteå, which is a town quite far up north in Sweden. She has three children, among them a girl who just turned 9. Last week they headed to the town centre in the afternoon - and by 4 pm it's pretty dark already in Sweden this time of the year. Under the heading "Be afraid... be very afraid", Beverly writes:

"As we were walking from the shopping center to where we had parked the car, Lydia said to me, “I don’t like being in town at night. It’s all dark and scary and the teenagers come. Teenagers come mostly at night, right?”

Hilarious and cute at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. I don't like teenagers either. I've heard if you download the Crazy Frog ringtone you can fend them off with it blaring from your mobile. But I also carry a pointy stick and some garlic, just in case.

    ReplyDelete