Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Answer You've All Been Waiting For

A few weeks ago I challenged my readers to pick the odd one out from my past. I will now reveal the truth:

Yes, I did go to the same school as Björn Borg, not at the same time though.

I used to iron my underwear during a period of my teens (I know, I was a bit weird).

I have indeed been to (a work) dinner with the Swedish Crown Princess. We were not seated at the same table but there were only about 25 people there so I did meet her, albeit very briefly.

It was very painful so I will never forget when that nail went through my foot!

But, no, I have never met the King but he did help my boyfriend get up after he had fallen on his skis - he was 5 years old when it happened (my boyfriend, not the King).

4 comments:

  1. That was so funny! Have you met Mr Borg? I have no clue what famous people went to my schools.... I think Denniz Pop was one of them! You know the famous music producer!

    I have not met the King either, but I have seen Prince Charles and Camilla driving by in a car and the Swedish Queen in a museum in Sweden!

    What's this thing with the nail??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denniz Pop died, right? Nothing to do with you of course! Just asking!

    I have "met" quite a few famous. Have been to an event with the Swedish Queen but didn't speak to her personally. Then Peter Magnusson from Hey Baberiba (Swedish humour show) is the brother of Peter's friend but I didn't meet him as such (just went to the same party). Then I get to meet lots of famous Swedish politicans and business people through my work.

    But you have met lots of interesting people such as Lionel Richie!

    The infamous nail once went through my foot and it was painful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am being sabotaged here... not allowed to leave comments!

    Second try.

    Helloooo of course I had nothing to do with it, how dare you even suggest such a thing! It's true he died, of cancer and at a very young age, in his 30s only. He had produced Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears and 5ive and a few more.

    As for Lionel, believe it or not but he is a very interesting person, intelligent, eloquent and funny! Impressive, next time I meet him, I will find out how to write a hit song.

    Anyway, when I was 12 I bumped into the then Swedish PM Olof Palme in Gamla Stan and I spoke to him. We didn't care when we were kids if somebody was famous or not, we would just go up and talk to them if we wanted to!

    Those were the good times!

    hahahaha

    ReplyDelete