Saturday, February 04, 2006

Having difficulties choosing which book to read next?

Don't worry, there's help! www.whichbook.net lets you put in a few values for what you want from a book and then generates a list for you. Don't forget to move the yellow arrows towards the degree of [value] that you prefer!

Selecting funny, unpredictable, larger than life and unusual generated, among other books:

John Dory
By John Murray

An offbeat tale with some hilarious accounts of the narrator's schooldays; his ongoing war with his teacher, and his scrapes with his friend, Squinty Bar Radish. Underlying the reminiscences is a spiritual quest for meaning, and we are left to decide how far George Singer's enlightenment, through his encounter with the fish, has led him.

It also allows you to choose characters, plots and settings.

So my fellow book-a-holics out there - make your choice!

4 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to have some fun this week:) Thanks for the link.How do people ever find such interesting stuff I have no idea.

    http://www.iloveegg.com/winopen_ani/eggsong.htm

    Have fun with this. An example of how a totally NONsensical thing can make us smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I shall ever get through with the unread ones on my shelves...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually the book link was sent out to British Foreign Office staff so that's how I got it (though I'm local staff at the Swedish post).

    ReplyDelete