Thursday, April 28, 2005

Oxford No 1

Ha! We might not beat them in the Boat Race every year or very often at all in fact(though we did this year) but we're now No 1 in the Guardian's annual education guide! The newspaper's university league table, which assesses teaching quality, staff-student ratios and graduate job prospects, has placed Oxford at the top, ahead of Cambridge, Imperial College, SOAS and LSE (full list).

More good news for me, having read European studies, is that Oxford ranked No 1 also in politics!

So maybe that dream job is just around the corner?! Employers should be flocking to hire me!

2 comments:

  1. The Guardian missed out my alma mater, the Open University, which has had excellent ratings in the Times Educational Supplement.

    'Snot fair to miss it out just because it doesn't have a campus. The EU is encouraging distance learning. The Guardian should keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know of one place for sure that is looking for promising Oxford graduates such as ourselves:

    http://www.cherwell.org/?id=2946

    I think I will go and mail off my cv...Hopefully, they will be impressed by what big...ummm...brain I have...

    ReplyDelete