Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cracked

My iPhone now looks something like this...


Have dropped it several times before without damage but today I was very unlucky as it landed on a tiny pebble. The touchscreen still works but I don't want to put it to my ear (the glass is sharp and shredding tiny pieces of glass) so it's useless for phonecalls! On the other hand I do have a handsfree so maybe I could live with it until October when iPhone 5 comes?! Peter has a Blackberry - the old crackberry before iPhone came along - he isn't using so I could also use that if I don't opt for getting the glass replaced. It is a rather expensive fix but I have found a place that does it for 650 SEK and I've heard there's an even cheaper place that charges around 500.

Lucky me we have an iPad too so I whatever happens I don't deal with my i-diction right now! ;)

6 comments:

  1. Ajajaj ja detdär är inte roligt! Min har nyss blivit snodd så jag har total telefon abstinens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vad tråkigt! Men du, var det inte du som sa att har man en iPhone är man mer försiktig och tappar inte telefonen som jag gjorde med min gamla hederliga mobil ;-)
    Har en kompis som tappade sin iPhone i en eldstad - den funkade fortfarande men såg en aningen konstig ut (och det var någon funktion som inte funkade men kommer inte ihåg vad)... Grillad iPhone :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Clapper - Nej, inte du heller! Och snodd dessutom! Då kanske iaf ens försäkring gäller??

    Petra - Va, vet inte vad du talar om! ;) Jag var nog försiktig i början men nu 1½ år senare... Läxan är i alla fall att inte försöka göra så mycket samtidigt. Lägg ner mobilen innan du ska leta efter Isoldes extrakläder i skötväskan...

    Kul med grillad iPhone! Och tänk att den funkade ändå! Det gör ju min också men vill inte skära mig!

    Västmanländskan - Så typiskt att den där lilla stenen (eller ett grus snarare) skulle ligga där! Vi blev alla så förvånade när jag tog upp den och vi såg skadan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!!!! The iPhone seems to own a very fragile screen. Two friends also dropped their phones and had cracked screens, one was a rather trivial drop. Screen hardiness-wise, my HTC appears to be VERY GOOD. no cracked screen and believe you me, I have dropped it more times than I can remember, worth very penny,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edina - Maybe. I dropped it several times before though without it cracking so I think it was the little pebble that did it this time. Anyway, now it's fixed! I thought you had an iPhone too though?

    ReplyDelete