Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 9: My Beliefs/Faith

Big topic about which pages and pages could be written. But the hour is late and bullets will have to do.
  • * Yes, I believe
  • * But I'm probably more of an agnostic than a true believer
  • * I'm too much of a rational thinker to believe 100%
  • * I really hope there is something or someone out there though
  • * I think it helps people to think that there is or there may be something
  • * And even if there isn't, or we will never know, that may be the point of it; that it gives people strength
  • * My beliefs are personal though and I don't believe in a lot of the dogma
  • * If there is a God, there's probably just one; s/he just have different names (God, Allah, etc.)
  • * Saying that may not qualify me as a Christian, but Christianity is still what I feel the closest too, but partly for cultural reasons
  • * I will raise our child with the help of many of the values that stem from (the positive side of) religion (and culture) and instill those values in him/her

5 comments:

  1. Jag kan hålla med om allt du skriver här!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, jag med...
    Håller med om varenda punkt du listat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie och Annika - Vad skönt att jag inte är ensam! Fast jag är alltså inte särskilt personlig i min tro dock men det gör ju inget :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Det var verkligen bra skrivet! Jag håller med varenda ord! Även om jag även har en viss dragning åt islam : )

    KRAM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marianne - Tack :) Jag borde lära mig lite mer om islam, har glömt mycket jag lärde mig i skolan. Men på ett sätt är det liksom kristendomen och judendomen en massa historier varav en del säkert är sanna och andra inte. Men även om det finns en Gud så betyder inte det att allt som står i texterna måste vara sant. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete