Friday, May 09, 2008

Show & Tell: Breakfast

This week's Show & Tell theme is breakfast. What do you eat for breakfast? Do you eat the same every day? Is there a difference between your breakfast Monday-Friday and on the weekend? Are you a coffee or a tea person? Do you have any favourite cup/mug for coffee or tea?

I have never understood those who skip breakfast. That said, I don't eat a hearty breakfast every day and I'm a bit boring I guess because I tend to eat the same thing almost every day; two pieces of dark/rye/fibre-rich bread with either cheese or messmör, a glass of juice and a cup of tea. Sometimes I replace one of the pieces of bread with yoghurt or filmjölk with cereal. I never drink coffee with my breakfast but as soon as get to work I have some.

At the weekend I usually eat a little less healthy by trading the nutricious bread for toast with jam or marmelade. We have one of this advanced juice machines though so sometimes we make fresh fruit juice which hopefully evens out the intake of less healthy toast. Peter usually goes out either Saturday or Sunday to buy some freshly baked bread and croissants so that's another weekend treat for me. Sometimes we make eggs and bacon or American pancakes but that's just one weekend a month or so depending if we're heading out and planning to have lunch in town or not.

One of my favourite breakfast is a proper English breakfast but since that's difficult to find in Sweden I have to make a couple of trips to England a year to fill my baked beans need. Of course I could buy a can of it together with the other ingredients but it's not the same...

Doesn't it look yummy?!


18 comments:

  1. that English breakfast looks disgusting!!!!

    Anyways, what are you on a diet eating so little??
    :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisavet - It looks delicious! Well, I can agree this wasn't the best picture or the best version of an English breakfast. I like the veggie kind the best and my favouries are the eggs, the beans, the mushrooms and the tomatoes of the regular kind.

    I feel that it's rather the opposite! I eat too much! :( Mybe not for breakfast but for the day in total.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Å jag gillar också en stadigare frukost, fast om det ska vara "English style" så tar jag det hellre något senare. När jag varit uppe ett tag. Mer som brunch då.
    Mysigt att peter går ut och köper bröd på helgerna. Det skulle M aldrig göra eftersom han är en riktigt 7-sovare och dessutom inte gilllar frukost särskilt mycket.
    Ha en skön helg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saltistjejen - Jag håller med, ingen engelsk frukost för mig kl 8 på morgonen utan det blir i så fall brunch/lunch. Ja, det är faktiskt en mysig vana Peter har lagt till sig med! :)

    Trevlig helg till dig också!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes blame it on the picture!!!

    so get you and your stomach over here and we'll brunch Anglo style!

    Kramisar

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elisavet - Will try asap! :) Will keep you posted (probably not until after the summer though)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Det ser gott ut! ...som lunch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nilla - Jo, precis, det är egentligen lunch eller brunch snarare än frukost!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AM VERY hungry. And that breakfast looks just up my street, The eggs look like they've done just right...if you poke it the yolk will go all goey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Edina - Yeah, it looks pretty good, doesn't it? Though I "stole" the picture from the Internet and forgot to write the source oops! What do you eat for breakfast in Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mm, jag gillar också English breakfast även om det är sällan det blir en riktigt så stadig frukost hemma. Det är verkligen kul att läsa om allas olika frukostvanor - messmör har jag nog bara smakat en gång i mitt liv.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Petra - Va?! Messmör som är så gott! Du måste prova igen! Det är relativt nyttigt också jämfört med vissa andra pålägg. Men det är med messmör som med Marmite, you either love it or hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oj, hur har jag kunnat missa komma förbi din blogg i tre dagar. Sorry!

    Nej, bönerna de hoppar jag nog över och ska jag vara helt ärlig så har jag faktiskt aldrig (ja, jag menar aldrig) smakat på messmör. Min syrra åt det, så vi hade det hemma ibland, men jag vet inte varför jag aldrig smakade. *hihi*

    Den där helgtraditionen att få mannen att köpa nybakat har jag också försökt med, men efter 5,5 år har jag gett upp. men visst hade det varit gott om han gjorde det. Du är en lyllos du! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lullun - Bönor är gott, om de är original på burk och inte restaurangens eget försök till hopkok usch!

    Du måste prova messmör någon gång, det är så gott! Men det kanske iofs är en smak som man "acquire" som ung?

    Peter är ganska morgonpigg (och kvällspigg, han går och lägger sig alltför sent och jag har svårt att somna själv) så där har jagt tur! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man, that thing is so English. The eggs and the mushrooms look yummy, but I never got into the beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner thing. But coming back to breakfast...I once saw an ad for English breakfast in a can. Yes, all these things swimming in, well, yuk! And as for me, I need several cups of coffee and usually take them with scones, croissants, yogurt or two eggs (sunny side up).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nonnka - I know. maybe it's because I don't live in the UK anymore. I like beans but mostly for breakfast, I'm not the jacket and beans type.

    English Breakfast in a can sounds just horrid! Beans in a can, yes, but not the whole thing. Blahh!

    Your favourite breakfast sounds really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We eat nasi lemak. ( which is a local rice based dish) I might have blogged about it earlier..but if I haven't I certainly will soon. It's served in most hotels for breakfast. Spicy anchovies with coconut milk laden rice ( smells heavenly ) and peanuts with cucmbers at the side. Hard to imagine but the aroma makes you salivate. QUite a bit of calories.. no wonder we as a nation are getting more overweight as time goes by

    ReplyDelete
  18. Edina - Sounds yummy! You eat that for brunch / once in a while or most mornings? Do you eat "Western" breakfast as well / sometimes, i.e. cereal or bread, etc.?

    ReplyDelete