Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday Gallery: Books

I have hardly read anything this year. The list of read books on my blog is the shortest ever and I should be ashamed. Not sure what happened. I've always been an avid reader. Well, I do know what happened. I blame a combination of smart phone ownership (and all those blogs out there I want to read, as well as Facebook), motherhood, work and too many magazine subscriptions.

So what's the cure? I don't really want to give up those other things either. I really like actual books and having a library at home so I don't want to stop buying real books but I'm starting to seriously consider asking Santa for an eReader this year. What's more important? The experience of reading or having a full bookshelf that looks good in the living room? The former. Really. I could always continue to buy the books I like the most so I have them IRL too.

Having an eReader is no guarantee for me actually reading of course but since it's at least thinner and probably also lighter than a book I'd be more prone to keep it in my handbag. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for making me feel normal. I haven't been reading as much as well!!!! Currently reading marion Keyes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jag tror inte att en läsplatta är något för mig, men jag vet många som älskar sina plattor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jag har inte last sa har mycket sedan... ja, om vi inte raknar de 30 bockerna jag laste under mina 3 sista gravidmanader som sjukskriven, sa pa mycket lange! HUR? Tja, pendlar man 40 min enkel resa varje dag, varav 30 min ar pa metro / sparvagn sa far man himla mycket last ;-) Jag laser en pocketbok i veckan! Och nej, ingen lasplatta for mig, pocketbocker ar ju inte sa tunga och de far plats i min handvaska. Jag skulle sakert anda bara glomma att ladda den, det ar nog att bara komma ihag att ladda mobilen!
    Kram!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edina - I'm sure you've been reading more than 5 books this year though!

    Västmanländskan - Jag är fortfarande väldigt osäker men om jag skulle få en i julklapp så skulle jag säkert använda den... ;)

    Petra - Jag har ju bara en kvarts promenad eller fem minuter på cykel till jobbet så jag får ju inte den där pendlingsläsningen tyvärr :( Och kvällarna går så fort och fri tid då blir att läsa bloggar och annat. Men snart ska jag ju vara mammaledig igen och då kanske..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought a Kindle to use for reading school stuff (downloaded articles, not books). I haven't tried a book yet, and I have to say it doesn't really seem like my thing. It's fine for school -- better than printing out and carrying around reams of paper -- but I like my books the old-fashioned way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beverly - Haven't thought of that but it makes sense - then you don't need to carry around lots of kilos!

    ReplyDelete