Sunday, March 04, 2012

Update

I have wanted to blog but at the same time, haven't really felt like it, even though there's plenty to blog about and lots of photos I'd like to post. But the last week in short:
  • Isolde's fever was gone Wednesday morning but instead both Peter and I started having stomach ache and feeling nauseous mid-Wednesday and Wednesday evening it was clear Isolde had it too. I left work a bit early and ended up staying home Thursday as well. Luckily we only had a light case of the stomach flu - Isolde and I both threw up once, but that was it, and Peter avoided it completely. Friday we were all well again except for Isolde's tummy which took a few days to completely recover but she's been fine otherwise. Our appetite was back already Thursday evening but she's still a bit picky with her food today Sunday. But who knows, it could also be a phase.
  • Friday was my grandfather's funeral. Difficult times but again, happy to know he lived a full and long life (almost 91), and the service was beautiful and also uplifting in many ways. He hadn't expressed any specific wishes more than that he left it to my mum and my aunt, so they modelled it very much on my grandmother's funeral 20 years ago, which my grandfather was very much involved in of course. It was also nice (despite the sad circumstances) to see my cousins who I don't see that often and we're going to try to see each other more often (Oslo and Varberg/Uddevalla are too far away really).
  • This weekend we couldn't not take advantage of the lovely, sunny weather.  Saturday we walked to Staland furniture shop in Södermalm and made a spontaneous call to some friends who live in those parts of town, which resulted in brunch (or a very late buffet lunch at 3pm rather) with them and some friends of theirs.  Today we also took a long walk but otherwise hung out at home before finishing the day with supper at Peter's parents.
I should also tell you about the rest of our London/Oxford trip but I'll do that separately and with pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear that all three of you are well and now recivered from the stomach flu. What was the cause? I have been also suffering from unknown stomach-ache since 2 days ago with less appetite and havn't decided whether to see a doctor or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skönt att er sjuka gick över såpass fort ändå och att Isolde är bra.
    Verkar ha varit en speciell vecka med sjukdom och sedan begravning.
    Kram!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jin Kyung - I think it was a virus but a weak one since we didn't get too sick. First we thought we had eaten something but I think it was probably a stomach bug. Hope you feel better soon!

    Saltistjejen - Så tacksam att det var ett lindrigt fall! Magsjuka är verkligen inte kul! Vi blev ju lite oroliga över att vi kanske skulle missa begravningen men som tur var blev vi friska. Men lite skumt med både sjukdom och död så att säga samma vecka. Kram!

    ReplyDelete