Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hotdog, only 100 euros!

Today I came across an extraordinary offer in one of the Stockholm tube stations!

"Hot dog 999 kronor" (€107; $133)

It obviously caught my interest, urging me to read further. Turns out it's a UNDP campaign - by PR firm Futurniture* - drawing attention to the fact that more that a billion people in the world live on less than 200 kronor (€22; €27) a month. If this was the situation in Sweden, a hot dog would cost the equivalent of 999 kronor. I think this is a great way to expose the issue of global inequalities and poverty!

You can buy your hot dog** at Norrmalmstorg Thursday-Saturday this week (September 15-17). The proceeds go to charity. Look for a Willy Wonka-looking stand.

* Futurniture is also the creator of the Government's "Knark är bajs" campaign
** Price includes toppings

4 comments:

  1. I will keep you posted on how many hot dogs they sold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna, that's a very interesting way to raise funds.

    But I'm not sure how much 100 euros is. Is it a lot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 euros is around 130 dollars if that helps you. To compare, a hotdog would normally cost you maybe 1 or 2 euros.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy dooley. Now I do want to know if anybody bought...

    ReplyDelete