Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Manners

It seems like people forget their manners completely when they are out Christmas shopping. I don't understand why, when it is soooo obvious that there is one, single queue for the till, people suddenly think they can skip the queue and start queuing behind someone who's being served at one of the tills? Do they think the rest of us are just queuing for fun? Do they pretend not to see, motivating to themselves that "I have so many things to buy still, I'm in a hurry"? Like the rest of us don't... It also annoys me that cashiers do not (want to) see this and tell people off.

Anyway, despite my shopping difficulties I had a pretty good day. Won a Kosta Boda bowl and two crates of beer in the Christmas draw at work today! (Also managed to buy my last X-mas present in the end.)

3 comments:

  1. And why is it always older men who start to argue with the cashier about whether or not they were next in line?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew!

    At least today at the new Urban Outfitters store people were queuing really nicely (and the queue was super-long!). And when people tried to get in the queue where they thought the end was but it wasn't, people asked them im a friendly way to go to the back.

    ReplyDelete