Monday, June 18, 2012

Buzzing Santa Maria Tex Mes Tapas

A couple of weeks ago I received a new package from Buzzador, this one from Santa Maria, which is trying to launch a new series of tex mex inspired tapas products. They recommend throwing a tapas party with friends but with no time for that right now and my own ideas, I decided to make quesadillas.
I used the spice mix, the cherry peppers (red jar) and the mango mojo (sort of like chutney, yellow jar) and the quesadilla bread (with chili).  The rest I will try some other time.

Top right is chicken mixed with oil, spixe mix and chopped up cherry peppers, and I think you will recognise avocaco, tomato and red onion (mixed with radish).

I fried the chicken first and then put chicken and remaining ingredients plus grated cheese on a flatbread...

...and then put the second flatbread on top and cooked the quesadilla until the cheese had melted.

It was quite difficult to get flip it over and also move it to a plate so this photo is after I "cleaned" it up :)
The verdict?  Well, it was okay but there's something in the spice mix I don't like, perhaps the cumin (or the chive)?  Same thing with the mango mojo, I think it's the jalapeño because all other ingredients (mango, ginger, garlic and lime I usually like).  The quesadilla bread was nice, would definitely buy it again.

I don't have any samplers to send, as this package just contained a basic kit, but I have some coupons and recipe pamphlets if anyone is interested in trying for themselves.  Just let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Intressant! Jag har aldrig hört talas om Buzzador, men där kanske man ska anmäla sig. Bara att blogga om sedan, alltså? Tycker du att det är värt det?

    Kram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne - Jag hörde talas om det för några år sedan men det var nog först två år sedan jag gick med och senare än så som jag fick delta i min första kampanj. Det är bara att anmäla sig och det är en bonus om man har en blogg men det måste man inte. Det är inte så arbetssamt så det är väl värt det i form att lite gratisprodukter. Men vissa kampanjer är bättre om man räknar hur mycket man får gratis så att säga. Kram!

    ReplyDelete