Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Eavesdropping

There's a great new Swedish site with things people have overheard on the tube, at work/school or when out and about, Tjuvlyssnat (inspired by Overheard in New York). Unfortunately it's only in Swedish but I'll treat you to a sample:

On the Stockholm tube
High school girl #1: I can't wait to the summer holidays, I'm going to Greece again
High school girl #2: Oohh, nice, I would also like to do that, I have never been there. By the way, Greece is not in Europe, is it?!
High school girl 1 #1: Yes, it is.
High school girl #2: No, I'm quite sure it isn't.
High school girl #1: (irritated): Yes, I know it is, they had euros there.. and you haven't been there. So I know I'm right!
High school girl #2: Okay, but it wasn't in Europe before they joined the EU at least.
High school girl #1: No, that's probably true. But no country was.

2 comments: