Thursday, March 09, 2006

If only it was that easy!

Italian PM Berlusconi has advised his country's poor to make more money. Italy's richest man apparently started his business by picking up paper off the streets and crumpled them to little balls that he sold to people who used them to light their stoves. And when someone gave the young Berlusconi a camera he started taking pictures at funerals and weddings.

All good ideas...hm...unsurprisingly Berlusconi's popularity is falling as a result of his government's difficulties to get the Italian economy going. The latest opinion polls show that Berlusconi's centre-right alliance will lose to former Commission President Prodi's centre-left bloc - I hope so!

5 comments:

  1. He was also a singer on a cruise liner.

    I shudder to think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Marianne, you wouldn't be safe from the voice or the hands, especially in that little red number of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday Berlusconi stormed out of a TV interview. He's just like a spoiled child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some folks start with nothing, succeed, then forget what it was like to struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And it is!!!

    I get wire for just over 1 dollar...from that wire I can make from 6-9 small trees depending on their size...I've never once asked ANYONE if they wanted to buy one, but usually by the time I've finished making it(couple/few hours per tree), someone will have come along and asked me if I will sell it to them and give $20.00 avg. though I've received as much as $75.00 for a small one.

    In just the few short years I've been making and teaching trees, they have spanned the four corners of the earth. They can be found in Japan, Ireland, Africa, Brazil, Australia, England, Tailand, China, Scotland, etc.

    I also play the guitar with a sign that says; "YOUR SMILE IS MY PAYMENT"...funny that I'm always being told by police what I do is against the law.

    The laws of man are a myth made real only by those that choose to believe...as an intelligent human being I choose NOT to...I AM, called homeless by some, but as I walk with GOD it is a term I do not understand.

    God always helps those that help themselves...But we keep forgetting that it is OUR actions that determine our fate.

    ReplyDelete