Monday, February 13, 2006

Habits and Oddities

I've been tagged by Natalie. The task this time is to make a list of five weird habits or pecularities and then challenge five other bloggers to do the same and continue the chain. I have to include these short rules (and here they are) and list who I challenge at the bottom of the post. I also need to inform them on their blogs that they've been tagged!

Okay, here goes:

1. (Dis)organised?
I've always felt that I'm very organised and orderly, and in a way I am. I have a very good memory and I remember a lot of facts and details. Most people see me as very organised, especially at work, but at home I have lots of piles of papers and post laying around. My flat is always clean but it can be a bit messy and I don't really mind. At the same time I like to keep the books on my bookshelf in alphabetic order, like the blogs on the right, so while I'm a bit messy I'm also a control freak if that's possible.

2. Saver-spender
Like Natalie I would say that I'm a saver if I had to choose between saving and spendthrift. But really, I spend most of my salary every month. I can't help myself! Sure, I'm not extravagant; on the contrary, I rather go to H&M than Gucci, but I do spend a lot on clothes, books, trips, etc. Actually, I probably don't go to Gucci because that would entail having to save for a while in order to spend. However, lately I've been pretty good, joining a private pension saving scheme and buying stuff for the flat that were needed.

3. Don't ask me about proverbs!
I have a habit of using slang and I don't like it. Swedish words I use too often are "ba" and "liksom" and in English I say "like" a lot although I'm getting better. One of my colleagues at my new job is so well-articulated and I really wish I were like her. I hardly curse at all so that's good. My mum always told me that swearing is a sign of bad vocabulary and that really stuck to me.

4. TV freak
I follow too many TV series. No, not docu soaps because I absolutely loathe them! I'm talking about Lost, West Wing, Desperate Housewives, O.C., Six Feet Under, CIC... and then there are all the sitcoms and Swedish shows... Good thing I'm pretty good at multi-tasking and can zip channels when three shows are on at the same time at three different stations.

5. So perfect
My last bad habit must be that I think I'm so perfect that I cannot think of a fifth one! ;)

Okay, I challenge Marianne, Nonna, Marina (will all five have to do with a certain perfume addiction?), Nina and Ester!

2 comments:

  1. So what are the ROOOOOOOOOOLES?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the rules (duh!):

    1. Make own list of five weird habits or pecularities
    2. Challenge five other bloggers to do the same and continue the chain.
    3. Include these short rules (in the text somewhere)
    4. List who you challenge at the bottom of the post
    5. Inform the challengees on their blogs that they've been tagged

    ReplyDelete